Bruce Kiessling, MD
Dr. Bruce Kiessling founded Primary Care Associates – on St. Patrick’s Day – in 1985. For decades, he served as Owner/Medical Director and has now launched his 50th year of patient care.
He earned his medical degree from the University of Michigan in 1973 and after postgraduate training promptly came up to Alaska and established his practice here. Today thousands of Alaskans recognize his voice – as the host of the long running “Just a GP” radio call-in show – or have been personally touched by his care and commitment to the community.
Dr. Kiessling says that nothing else matches the intellectual and emotional satisfaction and enjoyment as the practice of medicine. For him, it’s a privilege.
- Family Medicine
Education & Certification
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature with Minor in Zoology, University of Michigan
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Michigan (1973)
- Residency, Presbyterian Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
- Board Certification, American Academy of Family Medicine, Beginning 1977
Community Service & Awards
- Host of “Just a GP” – his weekly medical call-in radio program (and podcast) for over 36 years on 650 KENI. The show is reported to have over 7,000 weekly listeners, including a lower 48 and international audience.
- Award-winning Interview Show Guest – Dr. Kiessling is the permanent Wednesday guest on “The Mike Porcaro Show” on KENI-AM radio. The station won a Goldie Award for broadcast excellence for its segment with Dr. Kiessling.
- Alaska Physician of Year for Community Service
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce Gold Pan Award
- Anchorage School District Award for Community Service.
When Dr. Kiessling isn’t helping patients in the office or on the air, he’s likely out fishing, hunting, biking, boating, hiking and/or gardening with his family.