Mary Ann Foland, MD
Dr. Foland is an award-winning family physician with a special interest in women’s care and helping patients with eating disorders or chemical dependencies. Regardless of her patients’ health issues, she enjoys caring for and getting to know them over time.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, University of Colorado
- Medical Degree, Colorado University Medical Center
- Family Medicine Residency, Mercy Hospital in Denver, Colorado
- Anchorage Medical Society, Past President
- Alaska Academy of Family Physicians, Past President & Past Board Member
- Alaska State Medical Association (ASMA), Past President & Board of Trustee Member
- American Medical Association) (AMA), Past Alternate Delegate
- Medical Services Review Committee for Worker Comp Issues, Member
- Medical Review Advisory Committee for MIEC, Member & Co-director
- Physicians Health Committee of Alaska, Member and Medical Director for decades.
- Alaska Seatbelt Coalition, Member
- Child Abuse Community Education Committee, Member
- “Tar Wars” anti-smoking program in grade schools, Speaker
- WAMI and Family Practice Residency, Speaker
- STOP For Smoking Cessation, Founding Member
- Providence Community Breast Cancer Conference, Speaker
Honors & Awards
- Channel 11 Doctor’s Choice Award for Family Practice
- Best of Alaska Award for Family Medicine
- YWCA Women of Achievement Award, 2001
- Alaska Academy of Family Physicians, Physician of the Year Award, 2006
Dr. Foland enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading and walking her dog. She moved here for just 2 years…but did it in 1977.