Wezzie D. Munthali, FNP-C
Wezzie Munthali is a board-certified Advanced Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-C) with a master’s degree in nursing. Her career began over two decades ago in Southeastern Africa when she graduated from the University of Malwai’s Kamuzu College of Nursing.
After coming to the USA in 2000 seeking more academic and career opportunities, she went back to school to get credentialed in U.S., and was soon working as a nurse again while she pursued her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
She moved to Alaska in 2010 after being captivated by astonishing mountains, wildlife, culture, and diverse population.
Over the years, she’s worked critical care, research, surgery, and over a decade in family medicine, serving the needs of the Alaskan Medicare patients. She’s also become a leader and trainer in the nursing profession.
Today as a family nurse practitioner at PCA, Ms. Munthali focuses on her first love – direct patient care – and is dedicated to delivering excellent, compassionate, and patient-centered care to Alaskans.
- Family Medicine
- Master of Science in Nursing – Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Walden University Accredited Online College, Minneapolis, MN (2021)
- Bachelor of Science: Nursing, Goshen College, Goshen, IN (2010)
- Associate Degree: Nursing, Southwestern Michigan College, Dowagiac, MI (2007)
- Diploma: Nursing, University of Malawi, Kamuzu College of Nursing, Malawi (Southeastern Africa) (1999)
Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Alaska Registered Nurse, November 2010 – current
- BLS provider certified, American Heart Association
- ACLS provider certified, American Heart Association
- Malawi Registered Nurse license, May 1999 – current
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, member 2019-22
- Finalist, Alaska Nurse of the Year Awards – Case Management & Managed Care Category (2019)
When not helping patients, Ms. Munthali is likely playing volleyball, hiking, camping, fishing, and/or exploring Alaska with her husband and two sons.