Johan Lundebye, MD
Dr. Johan Lundebye is passionate about helping others – as a teacher, mentor, volunteer and especially as a primary care provider. His practice focuses on caring for seniors and believes in fully educating patients about their treatment options – and making decisions together about the best approach to their care.
Dr. Lundebye took a different route to learning the art of medicine. He earned his medical degree from Trinity College School of Medicine, at the University of Dublin, Ireland. While there, he served as a public health worker in the development of a national fitness program and volunteered as Junior Medical Director for the 2003 Special Olympic World Summer Games in Dublin. He also mentored and tutored junior medical students.
After one year of internship in two different Irish hospitals, he completed his Internal Medicine residency back home in Washington DC in 2011. He started his practice providing care to the underserved population, primarily in the DC jail and the reentry clinic, but also in homeless shelters and other underserved clinics in the DC area.
Searching for a new environment for his young family, he moved to Alaska in 2015. He saw patients at the Senior Clinic in Anchorage for eight years, until it closed. Today at PCA, Dr. Lundebye continues to focus on helping patients prevent, delay and/or manage chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, disorders of lipid metabolism, heart disease, hypertension, somatic disorders, and many other medical issues that often surface with age.
Areas of Interest
- Internal Medicine
- Senior Health Care
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C. (2011)
- Internship, Surgery & Medicine, St James’ Hospital Dublin, Ireland (2008)
- Internship, Surgery, Wexford General Hospital, Wexford, Ireland (2008)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery & Bachelor of Obstetrics, Trinity College, The University of Dublin School of Medicine, Dublin, Ireland (2007)
- Honours Bachelor of Science, The University of Toronto, School of Arts & Sciences, Toronto, Canada (2002)
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in Dutch
- Knowledge of Spanish and French
When he’s not exploring solutions for his patients, Dr. Lundebye loves spending as much time as possible with his wife and kids, fishing, hiking, and traveling.